Chillers & Cooling Towers
PORTLAND OR | SALEM OR | BEAVERTON OR | HILLSBORO OR | VANCOUVER WA
Installing Cooling Towers
Cooling towers are specialized heat exchangers in which water and air interact with one another, effectively reducing the water’s temperature. These devices work in one of two ways: The first involves the evaporation of water to remove the heat and cooling the working fluid to wet-build air temperature. The second way a cooling tower operates is by using a closed circuit dry cooling tower, which relies on air to cool the working fluid to a near dry-bulb air temperature. Common applications for cooling towers are providing cooled water for air conditioning, electric power generation, and manufacturing. At Heinz Mechanical, we are licensed professionals who can help you choose and install the correct cooling tower for a variety of circumstances.
What are the Different Types of Cooling Towers?
- Natural draft cooling towers: This type of cooling tower relies on the air circulating in the tower to cool the water, allowing the waste heat to be released into the atmosphere.
- Crossflow cooling towers: In crossflow towers, air flows horizontally through the tower while hot water flows downward from distribution basins. These tend to be more vulnerable to freezing.
- Mechanical draft cooling towers: These towers employ fans—most often propeller or centrifugal fans—or other mechanics to circulate the air through the tower. They are more effective than natural draft towers but consume more power, thus increasing the operation costs.
- Counterflow cooling towers: Often more compact in size than other cooling towers, counterflow towers move air upward through the tower while the water flows downward to cool the air. These will save energy in the long run.
Industries and Facilities that Utilize Cooling Towers
- Power plants
- Petroleum refineries
- Chemical/Petrochemical plants
- Natural gas processing plants
- Food processing plants
- Thermal power stations
Choosing Heinz Mechanical for Your Cooling Tower Installation
If you are in need of installing a cooling tower, the certified and experienced team at Heinz Mechanical will guide you through the entire process. We are dedicated to providing fair, flawless service and maintenance. Call us today to discuss your cooling tower installation with our industry professionals!
Cooling Towers IN PORTLAND OR AND VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Portland OR And Vancouver WA Areas: