At Heinz Mechanical Industries, we’re always looking for hardworking, dedicated, and qualified people to join our team.
Our company offers competitive pay and benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Company training
- Social security
If you’re interested in joining the Portland, Oregon area’s leading HVAC company, view our current openings or fill out the form below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Current Employment Opportunities Available
Heinz Mechanical Industries, Inc is seeking a qualified sales/project manager who be responsible for business relationships with end-users and building property/facility managers to better understand their needs and to develop a winning sales strategy. The position requirements of this individual would include estimating and managing projects from small equipment replacements, to large boiler and chiller replacements, control retrofits, and tenant improvements. Applicant needs to have a proven ability to work with facility owners and operators from project development and implementation, to completion and long-term care.
- Job includes, but is not limited to:
- Works with the Owners and Project Managers to identify and qualify client prospects and to build long-term business relationships with our customers as well as new customers. This includes developing sales leads through personal contacts, professional organizations, and general market awareness.
- Regularly meets with prospective clients to develop needs and ultimately sell plumbing and mechanical systems, along with retrofits and new construction.
- Develop specific business plans to illustrate the actions and development of the market growth (sales order intake and gross margin portfolio management)
- Proactively manage and provide accurate sales projections, pre-plan customer visits, and assist in building the project scope.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals
- Build strong relationships with clients, including engagement on a regular basis
- Take lead on bidding small and medium size projects
- Negotiate contracts
- Assist Senior Project Manager in selling large projects
- Assist in RFP’s and Interviews on acquired opportunities
- Track and forecast project-level financials and report on a regular basis
- Track change orders for projects, provide estimates, budgets, and proposals
- Attend project meetings
- Mentor subordinates
- Manage client relationships and ensure customer satisfaction and prospects of future opportunities
- Work with the Energy Trust of Oregon and local utilities to obtain maximum project incentives for existing projects and for the development of potential future projects.
- Proven ability to provide a true turn-key solution for facility owners and operators
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Display sound judgement, diplomacy, and tact
- Technical skills: interpret drawings, specifications, and other technical documents
- Manage time effectively
- Learn and adapt quickly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Driven, capable of working independently or with a team
- Extremely customer focused
- Very detail oriented
- Ability to function in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize on a weekly and daily basis as new needs emerge
- Recognize what they know, what they do not know, and asks questions for understanding and knowledge
- Seek opportunity and responsibility
- Knows how to interact with others during challenging situations and generate positive outcomes
- Clean driving record
- Attention to detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
- Problem Solving: Identify root causes of problems and implement solutions.
- Positivity: Maintain a positive attitude in a high stress environment.
- Initiative: Able to identify problems or new ideas without prompting, does not wait for others to take, or request to take, action
Education and Experience
- Degree in engineering or construction management or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry preferred
- Proficient to advanced level of knowledge of HVAC and plumbing systems
- Intermediate level of knowledge of medical gas and steam systems preferred
- Desire to manage projects in healthcare required.
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- Estimating experience preferred
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive life, medical, and dental, benefits
- Generous retirement package
- Company paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Team environment that promotes individual growth
All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen.
Heinz Mechanical provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Heinz Mechanical complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Submit your information and resume below!
COMMERCIAL – INDUSTRIAL – PLUMBING – NEW CONSTRUCTION
At Heinz Mechanical Industries we are proud to be affiliated with various trade organizations and contracting associations.
HVAC Careers IN PORTLAND OR AND VANCOUVER WA
Serving Clients in the Greater Portland OR And Vancouver WA Areas: